This evening we visited Macclesfield Forest for a short walk. The weather was dry, sunny and warm with temperatures reaching about 22˚C.
|Our circular walk starts from the Standing Stone car park at the top end of Macclesfield Forest. From here we walk north along the road, heading in the direction of Forest Chapel.|
|There are great views to the south towards Shutlingsloe, (right photo), in the other direction scenery includes the Macclesfield to Buxton road, the Cat and Fiddle Pub and the strangely named, Bottom-of-the-Oven.|
|St Stephen's Church above, more commonly known as 'Forest Chapel' is around the half way point of our walk. A church was first built here in 1673 but was rebuilt in 1834.|
|From the church we follow the road and signs directing us towards the village of Langley. After a short distance downhill we head left through Macclesfield Forest, following signs taking us back towards the Standing Stone car park.|