KESWICK / WHITEHAVEN / ST. BEES - (5-6/03/05)
This page features a few more photos from our visit to Cumbria last weekend.
To see other photos from Cumbria and the Lake District click here.
|Colourful spring bulbs and a friendly local taken in Hope Park, Keswick are shown above. Hope Park was donated to the town in 1974 by Sir Percy and Lady Hope for the benefit and enjoyment of residents and visitors.|
|The River Greta shown on the right flows into Derwent Water featured in the centre photo. Derwent Water is just a short walk through Hope Park from the centre of Keswick.|
|A few scenes from the harbour at Whitehaven where the last invasion of the English Mainland took place in 1778 are shown above. In the 18th century Whitehaven was the third largest port in the country behind London and Bristol.|
|A bit further south from Whitehaven along the Cumbrian Coastline is the mile long sandy beach at St. Bees. St. Bees Head seen in the photo to the left above is the most western point of Cumbria and start of the famous Coast to Coast Walk.|